News, Reviews & Updatesfinds us on social media
- Carl genuinely cares about your individual and professional development; I feel he has played an enormous role in guiding me forward as I have progressed in my career and I know that he offers the same guidance and input to his other supervisees. I cannot rate him highly enough.
- His insight and experience gained from many years working at a senior level in secondary care NHS services means that there is very little he doesn’t know about working with clients' emotions, behaviours and relational patterns and he wastes little time in cutting through to the essence of the problem.
- I recently consulted Carl on a one-off professional matter. What drew me to him was his extensive knowledge across various therapeutic modalities and his experience in a range of NHS services. I was very impressed at how responsive and on the ball he was. His many years of experience made his advice particularly insightful.
- Carl is an empathic, diligent and pragmatic psychologist who brings a wealth of experience to supervisory practice. I found Carl’s range of experience, particularly in both CAT and MBT, to be very helpful when working with a range of challenging client presentations. He was able to make complex theory accessible.
- He is an interactive communicator, an empathic listener, he is observant and has the unique ability to bring humility to clinical work. Carl works professionally and ethically in accordance with HCPC guidelines and I have no hesitation in recommending Carl for his clinical supervision skills and as a person with the upmost integrity.
Counselling Psychologist in Training
- Carl was incredibly knowledgeable, generous and scaffolded my development as a fully qualified clinician - I still use the integrative skills learned from him. While working with Carl, I always felt I was a valued member of the team and that my input mattered. I highly recommend Carl as a clinician and as a supervisor.
Dr Ana S
- Carl was my CAT supervisor in a secondary care NHS service during my final year as a trainee counselling psychologist. He was a wonderful supervisor. While consistent and boundaried, he was also thorough, flexible, dynamic and always found time to help. He remains my first choice for any future private CAT supervision.
Dr Anna K
- He was remarkably attuned to the clients’ difficulties, recognising their processes and needs through all their complexity and always staying with what the client was bringing, never assuming or being protocol driven. He truly cared about our all rounded learning, as therapists as well as our future role in the wider profession.
- His love of the model CAT and his level of knowledge was evident. He would go the extra mile to provide relevant reading when helpful or find ways of representing the key ideas graphically making it much more user friendly. I whole heartedly recommend him as a supervisor, and I would of course also refer clients to him.
Dr Nicola D